The SMART CITY SUMMIT 2012 project: The Smart City theme is imposing itself as key element of the strategy for our Country’s economic recovery:
- The Government is pursuing a strategy aimed at addressing actions to the applicative perimeter of Smart Cities as regulator principle of Public development policies.
- EXPO 2015 in a great opportunity to test innovation made possible by ICT and the transformation of the experience of living an exciting and culturally stimulating global event into a physical and virtual landscape…
- … while the strategic role of ICT in allowing Cities to integrate efficient and open technologies, platforms and applications to enhance quality of life, connectivity, energetic efficiency and environment sustainability is always clearer.
FOR THIS REASON IT’SIMPORTANT TO LOOK AT GLOBAL BEST PRACTICES AND CONFRONT WITH THE BEST EXPERTS AND IDEAS, CREATING A HUB OF INNOVATION AND DEBATE:
- Present various Smart City development models at an international level, agree with our country’s strategy, the actions taken to implement it and the high-profile initiatives that are ongoing.
- Value the potential of Public, Private and Third sector agglomeration and of EXPO 2015’s radical innovations regarding the Smart City’s theme, through IT, augmented reality, smart grids, telepresence, telemedicine, Big Data, new generation networking, mobile devices, Open Data, Cloud, crowd sourcing, etc.
- Answer the needs of our Cities to be promoted as catalyzers of energies and competences, bridge between the territory’s potential and participated dialogue, also online, and the development of the global market, for a model of Digital, Participated, Livable, Sustainable and Replicable City.
- Highlight the strategic role of the ICT industry in allowing Cities to integrate efficient and open technologies, platforms and applications, to enhance quality of life, connectivity, energetic efficiency and environment sustainability.